This week on the ‘That Bad Review’ we present the second episode in the Southern NSW, Visitor Economy Bushfire Recovery Summit podcast series.
Episode two begins with a conversation between Adrian and Shannan Perry-Hall. Shannon is the Recovery Action Team Lead – Economic & Tourism, and the Acting Tourism Manager at Shoalhaven City Council. Shannon and Adrian have a great conversation around communication. They discuss how effective and open, two-way communication is vital in times of crisis. Shannon also shares some important recovery tips for operators and the best way to keep up to date with all the information that is being shared.
The second half of the episode introduces three industry leaders from the south coast, Daniel Murphy, the Manager for Economic Development at Bega Valley Shire Council, Tim Booth, the Manager for Tourism & Events at Eurobodalla Shire Council and Anthony Osborne, the Managing Director of Destination Agency. The men share their views around what support is needed in the affected areas and how businesses can take a proactive approach to ensure the quickest recovery period possible. The group also reiterate the importance of consistent messaging and open communication.
Each Monday, join Adrian Easdown as he has enlightening chats with leaders within the accommodation, tourism & hospitality industries around the globe, on the first podcast of its kind in the southern hemisphere.
If you own, manage or work in the tourism and hospitality industry, or own a retail business, especially if you have been affected by any kind of natural disaster or catastrophic event, this is one podcast you won’t want to miss.
Links to resources and additional recovery information
- RENSW – A central platform that hosts a range of bushfire recovery resources and communication distributed by local, state and national organisations. The information collated on this website is available to assist in locally-led recovery processes. Visit the website for information and resources on available support, promotional campaigns and more.
- Shannan Perry-Hall LinkedIn Profile
- Tim Booth LinkedIn Profile
- Daniel Murphy LinkedIn Profile
- Anthony Osborne LinkedIn Profile
- Adrian Easdown LinkedIn Profile
- Australian Tourism Data Warehouse (ATDW)
- Destination NSW Tourism Recovery Package
- Presentations and information from the Bushfire Recovery Summit
- Destination NSW
- ‘Now’s the time to Love NSW’ Marketing Campaign
- ‘Holiday Here This Year’ Marketing Campaign
- Destination Southern NSW
- Destination Sydney Surrounds South
- Sign up for Shoalhaven’s Tourism Industry Newsletter – firstname.lastname@example.org