Katrina McCarter is a speaker, author & marketing strategist, as well as the founder and CEO of Marketing to Mums. Through her business, Marketing to Mums, Katrina coaches brands in understanding how to sell more effectively to Australia’s biggest consumer market, mums. Katrina is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to marketing, sharing her insights in her books, keynote speeches and workshops.
On this week’s episode of the ‘That Bad Review’ podcast series, Adrian and Katrina discuss how mums are responsible for over 132 billion dollars of spending in Australia each year. Despite this, 63% of mums feel like they are not communicated with properly by businesses owners. Katrina shares some great tips on how business owners can tap into this lucrative market, through gaining a better understanding of what mums want.
If you sell a product or service suitable for mums, have an intertest in marketing or improving the communication skills of your employees, this is one podcast you won’t want to miss.
In this episode, Adrian & Katrina also discuss:
- Katrina’s books ‘Marketing to Mums’ & ‘The Mother of all Opportunities’
- Mums as the researcher and decision makers
- Creating an army of advocates for your business
- The increase in a child’s buying power
- Grandparents changing role in family support
- Tips for marketing to the pregnant mums, first-time mums and women in business markets
- Secrets to a successful business partnership
- Smart speaker and the future of voice search
- Meccaland paving the way in experiential marketing
- The importance of providing an exceptional customer experience and being consumer centric
Email – Katrina@marketingtomums.com.au about her ‘Out Loud’ Marketing Program
Facebook page – Marketing to Mums
Instagram page – Marketing to Mums
Link to Katrina’s books Marketing to Mums & The Mother of all Opportunities
Podcast: Play in new window | Download