Justin Sheppard is a Big Picture Advisor in association with Big Picture Education Australia, offering innovative programs that are revolutionising the education system. Designed to support passionate high-school students through identifying and exploring what excites them, the program is producing incredible results.
On this week’s episode of ‘That Bad Review’ podcast series, Adrian catches up with Justin for a chat about the success of the Big Picture Education Program and how it is bucking the trend of traditional education. Justin describes how students are encouraged to combine project-based learning with internships and mentor programs. They discuss the benefits of exploring passions early on in life and how the program is helping students foster a sense of responsibility and pride.
Often on the podcast, guests touch on the subject of ‘finding one’s passion’, with discussions around how important it is to find passion in what you do. This week, Adrian and Justin explore this topic in depth, providing listeners with some great information to ponder and digest. If you teach, coach or mentor others, have kids or better yet, if you have ever questioned if the career path you are on, this is one podcast you don’t want to miss!
Also, in this episode, Justin and I chat about:
- Justin’s background working in the Accommodation Industry
- What Justin learnt through travel
- Grabbing hold of opportunities
- Making an impact on people’s lives
- Discovering your passion
- Outcomes of the Big Picture Educational Program – Graduation Portfolio
- Traditional methods for choosing a career
- Careers of the future
- ‘Unlearning’ to foster better learning
- Real life learning opportunities
- The future of education
- Taking stock in things that interest you
- The importance of self-discovery
- Letting fun be your guide
- Nurturing your children’s passions