Karl Heyman is the CEO of Family Parks Australia & New Zealand, a network of pet friendly holiday parks that celebrate having a point of difference. Before moving to Australia, Karl worked for the Caravan Club in the UK. The Caravan Club (now the Caravan and Motor Home Club) is a 107-year-old club with traditional values, turning over 100 million pounds a year, boasting over 400 thousand members across approximately 250-270 parks in England, Scotland, Wales and Republic of Ireland.
In this week’s episode of ‘That Bad Review’ podcast series, we revisit Adrian and Karl’s chat about the need for parks to have a point of difference. Also highlighted in this episode is the benefits of partnerships, as well as the damage that can be done if service providers don’t handle customer complaints effectively.
Over the next few weeks, join Adrian Easdown as revisits episodes that highlight important information gathered from inspirational leaders. The episodes have been selected in hope of helping business owners navigate the uncertain times we are facing across the globe.
In this episode Adrian and Karl also discuss:
- The importance of travel to a younger generation
- Ensuring you give back to the planet when travelling
- How to set yourself up for life by getting the basics right
- Karl’s love of craft beer and the rapidly growing industry in Australia
- The sheer size and benefits to members of the Caravan Club in the UK
- Similarities and disparities between the Caravan Park Industry in Australia and the UK
- The importance of asking questions, making people laugh and volunteering your time
Email Karl at email@example.com