The role of any great holiday business owner is to ensure that their guests, no matter where they are, walk away with a truly great experience – one filled with memories that last a lifetime.
Each Monday, join Adrian Easdown as he has enlightening chats with successful folks in the hospitality industry around Australia. If you’re involved in any way with caravanning, running a restaurant or working with any other sort of hospitality-based business, this podcast is perfect for you.
In this week’s episode of That Bad Review, I’m lucky enough to chat with Veronika Vermeulen – the customer conscious owner of Aroha Luxury New Zealand Tours. Veronika has a plethora of wisdom to share when it comes to touring New Zealand, customer service, worldwide travel and accommodating the needs of different cultures.
Our conversation touches on all kinds of aspects within Veronika’s experience. From her personal travel stories to falling in love with all things New Zealand, we explore the secrets behind her success as she has taken on and conquered the luxury tourism industry.
Listen to the full episode to hear all of the above, as well as things like:
- Delivering perfection
- Catering for international clients
- Coping with cultural differences and expectations
- Veronika through travelling
- Pre-empting her guests’ expectations
- Why being honest makes for happy guests
- Veronika’s struggle with international travel agents
- Understanding her clients’ uniqueness and catering towards that
- The kind nature of New Zealanders
- The beauty to be found in every direction in New Zealand
- Veronika’s dream job and catching the travelling bug
- Why you should be answering your emails within 24 hours