Mark Band is the CEO of Parks & Leisure Australia, a national peak body supporting over three hundred thousand people who design, advocate and protect our places and open spaces. Mark and the association members together promote the good use of leisure time, while ensuring our public spaces are accessible and usable.
In this week’s episode, Adrian and Mark chat about various topics including the history of the Leisure Industry, the impact parks and open spaces have on the social, mental, physical and economic well-being of Australians. They discuss the necessity to constantly respond to the changing needs of society while not allowing economic drivers to influence agendas over the environmental impacts caused by development.
Each Monday, join Adrian Easdown as he has enlightening chats with successful leaders within the Resort, Holiday Park, Accommodation and related industries around the globe, on the first podcast of its kind in the southern hemisphere.
If you’re involved in any way with caravanning and camping, operating a service-based enterprise or managing a hospitality-based business, this is one podcast you won’t want to miss.
In this episode Adrian and Mark also discuss:
- Leisure as a human right
- Embracing technology and change
- The history of Parks & Leisure Australia
- Mark’s advice around wealth as a measure of happiness
- Multiuse community facilities vs traditional sporting facilities
- The Parks & Leisure Australia National Conference in October 2019
- Advocacy as priority in influencing governments towards positive change
- Smart Parks and the introduction of augmented reality within our open spaces
- Measuring GDP (Gross Domestic Product) against GPI (Genuine Progress Indicator)
- Links between parks and open spaces on the social, mental, physical and economic wellbeing of Australia
Email Mark at email@example.com