The hospitality industry is forever changing. With customer’s preferences and needs steadily evolving, your business must be prepared to adapt to those changes.
Each Monday, join Adrian Easdown as he has enlightening chats with successful folks in the hospitality industry around Australia. If you’re involved in any way with caravanning, running a restaurant or working with any other sort of hospitality-based business, you’re going to love this show.
In this week’s episode of That Bad Review, I had the opportunity to catch up with Geoff Illich, the manager of the multi-award winning Brisbane Holiday Village. Ever since taking on the task of developing and modernising the park, Geoff has overseen its evolution, resulting in the beautifully crafted, contemporary holiday spot that it is today.
Our conversation touches on all aspects of Geoff’s experiences and knowledge, from treating returning guests like royalty, aiming for perfection and scaling up to meet the changing customer climate.
We also chatted about:
- Creating a great experience for customers
- How to honour returning guests
- Looking at the bigger picture by stepping away
- Understanding the sensory importance of experiences
- How honesty is the best policy
- How a quick ‘thank you’ costs nothing, but gives you everything
- Why asking questions on social media can help boost your business
- Why you must evolve and adapt with the times
- How Google plans to branch into the hospitality industry
- Why you should be integrating up to date record keeping systems
- How to keep your staff motivated
- Why the caravanning industry is flourishing