Have you ever struggled to get the pricing of your park just right? Well, today on That Bad Review podcast, I spoke to a manager who’s turned pricing on its head. Margaret Shannon is an award-winning manager at Ballina Beach Village. She’s got a real passion for the caravan industry, a sharp business mind, and has come up with some very creative ideas to common industry problems.
Our conversation covered a lot of ground, but the main points of focus were Margaret’s approach to winning awards, change within the caravan park industry, the opportunities that exist in the sector and how a trust-based pricing system turned out to be a huge success for her business.
Listen to the full episode to hear all of the above, plus things like:
- The pros and cons of trust-based pricing
- Dealing with complaints in the industry
- The fun in creating something from nothing
- The strategy behind Margaret’s award tally
- How individual parks can compete against discounting
- The first question everyone asks about trust-based pricing
- Why the caravan park industry is a growing sector
- Quick wins for park owners
- The problem with running at 100% all the time
- How important caravan parks are to a local economy