What’s the proper response to receiving bad feedback? Even if your business receives 100 flattering reviews, the one bad one will stick out. So, how should you approach that situation when it arises? My guest in this week’s episode is entrepreneur legend Ronsley Vaz, and he’s helping me to break down how to go about tackling bad reviews, and the mentality we all need to adopt in the face of criticism.
Ronsley is the founder and chief daydreamer at Amplify – Australia’s first audio marketing agency. He’s an author, speaker and serial entrepreneur. He’s known as the creator of We Are Podcast – the first Podcasting Conference in the Southern Hemisphere, and the host of The Bond Appetit podcast and Should I Start a Podcast. He has an audience of over three million people in 133 countries.
In this episode, we discuss all of the above, plus this stuff too:
- Morning launch sequences to help you ‘switch off’
- How rock climbing has made Ronsley a better entrepreneur
- Who Ronsley looks to when he’s scared
- Developing effective communication skills for his long-distance marriage
- Tools that Ronsley uses with his business to strengthen communication
- Celebrating the small wins and not getting hung up on bad reviews
- The value of perspective as a business owner
- Keeping service at the top of mind, no matter what your industry is
- Developing the culture of service in Australia
- The downside to discounting proper marketing efforts
- The reasoning behind prioritising your current clients before new clients