Richard Beere is the Managing Director ofFastrak Asian Solutions and the Chair of Destination Southern New South Wales. With over 40 years’ experience working in the Tourism Industry, Richard possess a wealth of knowledge. Adrian was keen to chat with Richard, and hear what advice he has for industry stakeholders. Richard’s insights are even more valuable at this period in time, as we navigate through uncharted waters, not only within the tourism industry, but throughout every industry across the world.
In this week’s episode of the ‘That Bad Review’ podcast series, Richard provides some great advice to business owners, on how to ensure products are the best fit for target markets. Adrian and Richard discuss the difference between marketing to domestic travellers’ verses visitors from overseas. Richard explains the need to diversify offerings, and how doing so helps to build resilience. They have a great chat about the holistic circle, and what is driving consumerism within the industry.
Each Monday, join Adrian Easdown as he has enlightening chats with leaders within the accommodation, tourism & hospitality industries around the globe, on the first podcast of its kind in the southern hemisphere.
If you own, manage or work within the accommodation, tourism & hospitality industries or any kind of service-based business, this is one podcast you won’t want to miss.
Additional topics discussed on this week’s episode:
- Highlights from Richard’s career in tourism
- Destination Southern NSW’s role within the industry
- Marketing to the domestic and international traveller
- Recognising but not judging difference
- Unique Selling Propositions
- Accessing data to help identify opportunities within markets
- The value of inhouse target market research vs general statistics
- Evaluating business constraints
- Limiting business potential
- Making changes to capitalise on existing markets
- Technology’s role in reducing costs for tourism operators
- Bragging rights and conversational currency
- Voluntourism – the feel-good tourism experience
- Building back better after crisis
- Defining success and following passions
Email Richard via email@example.com