Turning a passion into a career is a dream for many people, one that may seem impossible when stuck in the daily grind of life. The caravan and camping industry however, is one industry that offers a multitude of opportunities and an incredible network of individuals and organisations, that not only support everyday people to make life changing career transitions, but also helps people to flourish within the industry. A prime example of this is former owners of the BIG4 Atherton Woodlands, Patrice & Quentin Fletcher, who escaped city living to embark on a tree change adventure in the luscious surrounds of the Atherton Tablelands in Far North Queensland.
Each Monday, join Adrian Easdown as he has enlightening chats with successful folk in the hospitality industry around Australia. If you’re involved in any way with caravanning, operating a service-based enterprise or managing any sort of hospitality-based business, this podcast is perfect for you.
In this episode Adrian and Patrice discuss hot topics such as:
- Transforming a transient client base into a thriving repeat community
- The importance of keeping abreast of changes within an industry
- Engaging customers to establish & satisfy their needs
- Catering to niche markets
- Establishing a point of difference
- Applying for grants and awards to grow your business
- Tips for establishing an Eco- Tourism certified business
- The importance of supporting infrastructure and attractions to encourage repeat visitation
- Sharing occupancy rates with local businesses to ensure adequate services for guests in peak periods
- The importance of understanding industry goals and strategies at a local, regional and national level