While safe players within the Start-Up Industry believe it’s best to focus energy on one start-up at a time, Mike Hill founder of multiple successful start-ups, believes timing should be the dictator behind grabbing hold of an opportunity and running with it. When Mike Hill hears someone complain about a service, or lack thereof, he would never dream of tuning out. Instead he probes for more information, he loves hearing people complain. While this might seem a little strange, when this tactic is executed by an individual with great analytical skills, a marketing background and a savvy business sense, it can only really lead to one solution, a start-up business.
Each Monday, join Adrian Easdown as he has enlightening chats with successful people in the Tourism and Hospitality Industry around Australia. If you’re involved in any way with caravanning, operating a service-based enterprise or managing any sort of hospitality-based business, this podcast is perfect for you.
Also in this episode, Adrian and Mike chat about:
- Knowing when to kill a start-up
- How to know which ideas to progress
- The Instant Generation
- Claiming your listing with Aircamp
- Capitalising on Aircamp’s 100k a month user base
- The effects of Social Media on the Caravan and Camping Industry
- Growing up in Bahrain
- The must do ‘Lap around Australia’
- The benefits of group travel
- Addressing the ever-changing needs of travellers
- Digital Nomads
- Mike Hill LinkedIn profile
- Mike Hill via email firstname.lastname@example.org