In this episode, we welcome the queen of caravanning in Queensland, Michelle Weston – General Manager of the Caravan Parks Association of Queensland, and formerly GM of operations and GM of finance at the Caravan Parks Association of Australia.
Michelle is hugely energetic and enthusiastic about caravanning, and a passionate advocate for the industry in general. She shares with us her experiences and the lessons learned from years at the forefront of the industry. Michelle provides her insights on where the industry is headed and the impacts that the industry faces. It’s an episode that is packed with great advice, whether you’re in the caravanning industry or not. Enjoy.
Here’s a snapshot what we cover in this conversation:
- Insurance and dealing with severe weather events
- Why it’s essential to choose a good insurance broker
- The Queensland Caravan, Camping & Touring Supershow – going from strength to strength
- New styles of vans and the challenges for operators
- The changing perceptions of caravanning and the industry
- Free camping – its impacts, regulation and consumer attitudes
- The importance of industry collaboration, and how to achieve it
- Exciting new parks opening around Queensland
- Getting on top of issues immediately and stopping complaints escalating
- How to build a full-size caravan out of Lego (yes, Lego!)