Liz Ward is the Co-Founder and CEO of Tourism Tribe. Liz started a career in digital strategy and digital marketing when working for Tourism and Events Queensland. Honing her skills whilst project managing the development of the Australian Tourism Data Warehouse (ATDW), a large online resource used by organisations nation-wide. Liz later became the CEO of ATDW, a position she enjoyed for ten years.
On this week’s episode of the ‘That Bad Review’ podcast series, Adrian and Liz chat about the benefits of online training solutions for tourism operators, the importance of collaboration and complementary skills when co-founding a successful business and the emergence of digital savvy small business owners.
If you’re involved in any way with the tourism industry, manage a tourism-based business or operate a service-based enterprise, this is one podcast you won’t want to miss.
In this episode, Adrian and Liz also discuss:
- Liz’s career in Tourism
- Personalising the customer experience
- Having the right marketing mix
- Automated email marketing systems
- Having the right tools
- Connecting with the ideal customer, in the right way, on the right channels
- The growth in online messaging
- Data collection and the role data plays in personalisation
- Reducing our travel carbon footprint
- Putting the customer at the center of decision making
- The importance of feedback and online reviews
- Trust funnels
- Loving what you do in life
Tourism Tribe website – Free and paid resources and marketing tips
‘Tourism operators who want to improve their business’ – Facebook page