Karl Heyman is the CEO of Family Parks Australia & New Zealand, a network of pet friendly parks spanning across Australia, New Zealand and China. Before moving to Australia 8 years ago, English born Karl worked for the Caravan Club in the UK. The Caravan Club (now the Caravan and Motor Home Club) is a 107-year-old club with traditional values, turning over 100 million pounds a year. The club boasts over 400 thousand members across approximately 250-270 parks in England, Scotland, Wales and Republic of Ireland.
In this week’s episode, Adrian and Karl chat about the future of the caravan and camping industry, as well as the need for parks to have a point of difference. They discuss the benefits of partnerships and what the foundation of a good partnership should look like. Adrian and Karl also touch on the damage that can be done if service providers don’t handle customer complaints effectively.
Each Monday, join Adrian Easdown as he has enlightening chats with successful leaders within the Resort, Holiday Park, Accommodation and related industries around the globe, on the first podcast of its kind in the southern hemisphere.
If you’re involved in any way with caravanning and camping, operating a service-based enterprise or managing a hospitality-based business, this is one podcast you won’t want to miss.
Also in this episode
Adrian and Karl also discuss:
- The importance of travel to a younger generation
- Ensuring you give back to the planet when travelling
- How to set yourself up for life by getting the basics right
- Karl’s love of craft beer and the rapidly growing industry in Australia
- The sheer size and benefits to members of the Caravan Club in the UK
- Similarities and disparities between the Caravan Park Industry in Australia and the UK
- The importance of asking questions, making people laugh and volunteering your time
Email Karl at email@example.com