Jess Dineen is the multi-award-winning Operations Manager at Dineen Tourism Management and an advocate for establishing a balance between work and play. Having recently returned from a three-month trip travelling around Europe, Jess is well positioned to share her views on the effects of recharging to ensure productivity within the workplace.
In this week’s episode, Adrian and Jess chat about how to best prepare staff, so they can confidently make decisions in the absence of direct management. Jess shares insights into the benefits of going through award processes, win or lose. Adrian and Jess wrap up their chat with a discussion around attracting new target markets to a business.
Each Monday join Adrian Easdown as he has enlightening chats with successful leaders within the accommodation and related tourism & hospitality industries around the globe, on the first podcast of its kind in the southern hemisphere.
If you’re involved in any way with caravanning and camping, operating a service-based enterprise or managing a hospitality business, this is one podcast you won’t want to miss.
Also in this episode of the ‘That Bad Review’ podcast Jess Dineen and Adrian discuss:
- The importance of vulnerability
- Tips to switching off when on holidays
- Using mistakes as learning opportunities
- New generation of staff embracing change
- Methods to help staff make confident business decisions
- The challenges faced when working and living with family
- Mental health and the importance of taking time out when needed
- Innovative ways to document and share holiday experiences and memorabilia
- The shift in acknowledging anxiety and depression instead of ignoring signs and symptoms
- Saying yes to opportunities – weighing up worst-case scenarios against the possible benefits