On this week’s episode of the ‘That Bad Review’ podcast series, we take a look at highlights from some of the conversations Adrian has had with a fantastic mix of podcast guests.
We revisit the valuable insights for success offered by Nick Ellis, the General Manager of Ovolo Inchcolm in episode 56. Nick shares his advice around not judging a book by its cover and the importance of getting reliable career advice when young.
Some great information is extracted from episode 58 with Laura Cocking, the Business & Park Development Manager at Top Parks. In particular, Adrian and Laura discuss the comradery within the caravan and camping industry and the importance of responding to reviews.
The highlights episode is wrapped up with advice from Timo Lorenzen, the Hotel Manager at Veriu Group in episode 47. Timo shares the challenges he has overcome in the hospitality industry and some fantastic tips for turning detractors into promoters.
If you’re involved in any way with the tourism or hospitality industries, manage an accommodation business or operate a service-based enterprise, this is one podcast you won’t want to miss.
In this episode, the following topics are also discussed:
- The hidden talents staff may be harbouring
- Adrian’s work experience and lack of reliable career advice while at high school
- Basic skill set required to work in hospitality
- Tips for staying motivated in stressful careers
- Setting up camp verse packing up
- The power hospitality staff have to spread happiness
- The little things that mean so much
- How a drink voucher won a guest for life
- Exceeding guest expectations
- Empathising with guests
- The importance of notes in client files