Colby Hutchinson is the Director of Customer Experience (CX) & Brand Management Administration at Best Western® Hotels & Resorts. Despite being in the hospitality game for over 25 years, Colby Hutchinson wakes up each day excited to go to work.
On this week’s episode of ‘That Bad Review’ podcast series, we revisit Adrian and Colby discussion on the valuable skills learnt while working in the hospitality industry. They chat about guest data and how it is being used to provide personalised customer experiences. Colby also shares his views around Online Travel Agencies within the industry and how accommodation providers can use OTA’s to their advantage.
Over the next few Mondays, join Adrian Easdown as revisits episodes that highlight important information gathered from inspirational leaders. The episodes have been selected in hope of helping business owners navigate the uncertain times we are facing.
Also, in this episode Adrian and Colby discuss:
- Winning with authenticity
- Learning to listen, act and care
- Measuring overall customer satisfaction
- The power of review platforms like Google
- Using data to increase the happiness of guests
- Make smart investments in people, processes and products
- Learning to view negative feedback as business growth opportunities
- Operationalising guests likes and dislikes
- The necessity of making booking inclusions clear
- Best Western’s newest brands – Aiden and Sadie
- Changing perspectives through travel