Colby Hutchinson is the Director of Customer Experience (CX) & Brand Management Administration at Best Western® Hotels & Resorts. Despite being in the hospitality game for over 25 years, Colby Hutchinson wakes up each day excited to go to work. Adrian caught up with Colby after he flew in from the United States for the Best Western Australasia National Convention.
In this week’s episode, Adrian and Colby discuss the valuable skills learnt by working in the hospitality industry and how guest data is being used to provide personalized customer experiences. They also chat about the place Online Travel Agencies have within the industry and how accommodation providers can use OTA’s to their own advantage.
Each Monday join Adrian Easdown as he has enlightening chats with successful leaders within the accommodation, tourism & hospitality industries around the globe, on the first podcast of its kind in the southern hemisphere. If you’re involved in any way with hotels & resorts, operating a service-based enterprise or managing a hospitality or tourism business, this is one podcast you won’t want to miss.
Also, in this episode of the ‘That Bad Review’ podcast Adrian and Colby discuss:
- Winning with authenticity
- Learning to listen, act and care
- Measuring overall customer satisfaction
- The power of review platforms like Google
- Using data to increase the happiness of guests
- Make smart investments in people, processes and products
- Learning to view negative feedback as business growth opportunities
- Operationalizing guests likes and dislikes
- The necessity of making booking inclusions clear
- Best Western’s newest brands – Aiden and Sadie
- Changing perspectives through travel