Chris Hartley, CEO of Global Hotel Alliance shares the importance of providing a global voice to independent and family owned hotels and hotel collections. Adrian and Chris discuss the history of the hotel industry and the increasing need for local, privately owned hotel businesses to pool resources to compete with mega brands. They chat about the important role Artificial Intelligence plays in customising unique experiences for guests and how millennials are advocating for sustainable tourism to ensure our planet can be enjoyed for generations to come. Adrian wraps up his chat with Chris with a discussion about the life lessons that can be gained through travel.
Each Monday, join Adrian Easdown as he has enlightening chats with successful folk in the Tourism and Hospitality Industry around Australia. If you’re involved in any way with caravanning, operating a service-based enterprise or managing any sort of hospitality-based business, this podcast is perfect for you.
In this episode, Adrian and Chris also discuss:
- The importance of developing secondary travel destinations
- Regional cities, local councils and tourism providers role in Tourism development
- Using Artificial Intelligence to customise customer correspondence and marketing collateral
- Introducing a charitable component into the travel experience
- Customer focus groups
- Benchmarking your business
- Travel and Tourism as the world’s biggest employer
- Discovering the world in which you live
- Travel’s ability to add perspective into learning