Avril Carter is a Sales Director with ReviewPro, responsible for business acquisition and support within Australasia. ReviewPro provides guest intelligence solutions to hospitality businesses, with a focus on managing online reputations and delivering improved guest experiences. Adrian caught up with Avril for a chat about his favourite topic, reviews.
On this week’s episode of the ‘That Bad Review’ podcast series, Adrian and Avril have a great chat about the evolution of reviews and how both business owners and consumers are becoming savvier when it comes to reviews. They discuss how business owners can use reviews to showcase their business and tell the story behind their products. They also talk about using feedback to build a point of difference, providing business owners with an edge in their market.
If you’re involved in any way with the tourism or hospitality industries, manage an accommodation business or operate a service-based enterprise, this is one podcast you won’t want to miss.
In this episode, Adrian and Avril also discuss:
- Avril’s exciting and extensive career
- The advantages and disadvantages of remote work
- The founding story of TripAdvisor
- The role of storytelling in destination marketing
- Having a point of difference
- Not taking things for granted
- What not to do when responding to reviews
- Using surveys to test business ideas
- Brand influence and impact analysis
- The effect of a good breakfast on a guest’s overall experience
- Growth through the expansion of comfort zones