Amir Harpaz is the co-founder & CEO of Book Outdoors, Board Member of the Florida & Alabama Association for RV Parks & Campgrounds, and Vice President of Harp Development. Amir was invited by Newbook to speak at the Tourism Innovators Conference held at the Gold Coast in June this year, where Adrian was fortunate enough to spend a bit of one-on-one time chatting with him.
In this week’s episode, Adrian and Amir discuss & the takeover of the American RV Industry by the emerging Millennial market group, the issues that accompany consistent 100% occupancy rates and the frustrating RV, Caravan and Camping Industry dilemma that is set to be solved by the launch of Book Outdoors in September 2019.
Each Monday, join Adrian Easdown as he has enlightening chats with successful people within the Tourism & Hospitality Industry around the globe. If you’re involved in any way with caravanning, operating a service-based enterprise or managing any sort of hospitality-based business, this podcast is perfect for you.
In this episode Adrian and Amir also discuss:
- The importance of empathy
- The future for Book Outdoors within the Australian market
- Industry disruptors in the USA such as Outdoorsy and RVshare
- Alternative accommodation OTA’s such as Hipcamp and Glamping Hub
- The advantages of RV Rental Companies such as Cruise America & El Monte
- The increasing crossover between the traditional hospitality market and the outdoor hospitality space