Allen Suss on Meaningful Experiences, Travel Planning and Avoiding Online Booking Services
If you’re thinking of going solo and booking a holiday online, it might be worth your while investing in a travel agent.
Each Monday, join Adrian Easdown as he has enlightening chats with successful folks in the hospitality industry around Australia. If you’re involved in any way with caravanning, running a restaurant or working with any other sort of hospitality-based business, this podcast is perfect for you.
In this week’s episode of That Bad Review, I had the chance to chat with Allen Suss, the mobile travel agent at Travel Managers Australia. Allen is incredibly well-travelled, with over 40 years’ worth of globetrotting under his belt. His knowledge about the industry knows no bounds, and neither does his customer service.
Our conversation touches on all kinds of useful points that should be considered before taking a trip. From his own travel stories to booking the best flight, there’s a wealth of information that every holiday goer can benefit from.
Listen to the full episode to hear all of the above, as well as things like:
- How opportunity is unlimited
- It’s not what you know, but who you know
- Getting help in an emergency
- Allen’s travel podcast
- How much clients are willing to spend on a holiday
- How experiences mean more than money
- Why you can’t trust booking flights online
- Why doing your own research isn’t enough
- How going it alone can cost you more than you think
- Why saving in early life will ensure better experiences
- How asking the right questions will get you further